Local Music


Local Music

The local music scene has changed drastically over the years (in my opinion) and it seems to be a lot more vibrant now. 

In this post, I'll be sharing about local music, specifically the music of three local female singers who are all singers-songwriters. Personally, I think they're all very talented.

Song for the Underdog

If you've been an underdog,  you might be able to relate to  this song  titled "Song for the Underdog" by Annette Lee. By the way, I like the lively music of this song.:)

I first got to know about Annette through  her Facebook   (FB)  videos  and  I  actually  find  her  videos quite entertaining.  You  might  want  to  check  out  her videos  on FB.  Incidentally,  it was  only very recently that I started listening to her music. 

1057

1057 is the single debut of Jasmine Sokko who, according to Wikipedia, is one of the top most-streamed Singaporean female singers on Spotify. She's known for wearing her trademark masks to conceal part of her face. 

I'd watched her perform for the National Day Concert on TV in 2019. And I like how she was able to charm the audience at the concert. If you're keen to watch her perform at the concert, you might want to do a search on one of the search engines. Because I'm not sure if it's ok to put a link here as it might be copyrighted content owned by Mediacorp.

Wallflower

Inch Chua is the most established artist among the three. Besides her love for music/singing, she's said to love cooking as well. Incidentally, according to channelnewsasia.com, Inch is vying for a chance to be the MasterChef Singapore winner in the next season of the show, which is scheduled to be aired in February 2021. 

Among the three of them, I think I could relate to Inch and her songs better, because from what I've read about her, I feel that she's a lot like me. Incidentally, if you want to get to know her better, you might want to check out an article on sgmagazine.com, where she revealed how music had saved her life.

There's one part of a verse in Wallflower that resonates with me...And it's that part that makes me feel connected to her. You might want to check out her YouTube channel for more of her music at Inch Chua.


Cheers,

Annie Chan

(P/s: Please check out my latest music video titled "The Look of Happiness"  (幸福的模样)    Thanks!)

Image Details

Photo by Tún from Pexels

https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-red-chinese-traditional-dress-807840

https://cakemail.grsm.io/rwzlypzuzm7k-xpnow

https://cakemail.grsm.io/u06ncsy1xw61-addk4r

https://linktree.com/anniechan123


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfectionism is Bad for Your Mental Health!

Is Euthanasia the Only Way Out for Your Dog with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD)?

Do You Eat Dog Meat?