JJ Lin

Well-known Local Male Mandopop Singers

In the context of Singapore, there are probably just two - JJ Lin and A-Do. They're well-known in the sense that they are known beyond the shores of Singapore. Between the two, JJ Lin is obviously more outstanding in terms of popularity and accomplishments. 

My First Impression of JJ Lin?

I didn't have a good impression of JJ in the past because it seemed to me that he'd only mix with people who were in the 'same league' as him. But when I saw a post from another local singer-songwriter, Hong Junyang on his Facebook page, which showed photos of JJ and him, I realised that I had been wrong about JJ.

Conclusion? First impressions aren't necessarily accurate.

JJ's Songs That I Like

I like a few of his songs, namely, Twilight, Practice Love, If Only, She Says and River South. To me, these are his more popular songs. He has another song that I also like which is titled "Stay with You". Incidentally, it was a song dedicated to those who were battling with Covid-19 in its early stage of outbreak. And he co-wrote it with another local Mandopop singer, Stefanie Sun.

JJ Lin is a Rare Gem

Personally, I admire people who're multi-talented. And JJ is definitely multi-talented. He's a great singer; he's a lyricist (he's at least co-written lyrics with others); he's a music composer; he's a music producer; he's an artist and he's a businessman. It's rare, in my opinion (at least), that someone could be so multi-talented. That's a rare gem. 

JJ Lin's After the Rain Charity Concert

I'd never thought that JJ would care enough about the less fortunate to be willing to hold a charity concert. That was until I saw the abovementioned Facebook post. Yes, I know they are unrelated. But somehow because of that post, it's become believable that he'd be willing to do so.

JJ Lin - King of Mandopop?

According to The Straits Times, JJ Lin had a sold-out concert at the Singapore Indoor Stadium for four consecutive days in 2018, a feat that was eclipsed only by Jacky Cheung. That being the case, I suppose you'd agree that JJ Lin is a Mandopop king? 


Cheers,

Annie Chan

(P/s: My next blog post will be published on 31 December 2021. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel here: Annie's Music Everywhere. Thanks!:)

https://cakemail.grsm.io/rwzlypzuzm7k-xpnow

https://cakemail.grsm.io/u06ncsy1xw61-addk4r

https://linktree.com/anniechan123


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfectionism is Bad for Your Mental Health!

Is Euthanasia the Only Way Out for Your Dog with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD)?

Do You Eat Dog Meat?