Non-Fungible Token (NFT)

Why are NFTs Popular Now?

NFTs have caught on as the new craze in recent times or so it seems. According to an article on nftwolf.io, one of the reasons why NFTs are popular is because they're unique, which is rightly so as the term "non-fungible" implies.

Who doesn't want to be part of the new craze, right? From my perspective, it's at least true for young people? Because young people love to follow what's trending now? But I believe that as NFTs become more mainstream, there'll be more and more older people who'd be interested. 

My 1st Music NFT Collection

I recently created my first collection on Opensea, which is a decentralised marketplace for buying and selling of NFTs. 

Because of some imperfections on one of the NFTs in the collection, I decided to delete it. However, I couldn't (!) and I've yet to find out why.

My Experience Minting My Music NFTs on Opensea

Surprisingly, I found it easy to mint the NFTs on Opensea. To be honest, I didn't expect it to be so much easier than building my music website. And the entire process, including setting up my metamask wallet, was quite a breeze.

Minting NFTs somehow excites me, partly because I love learning new things; but more so because I feel a sense of accomplishment to be able to navigate the world of NFTs with relative ease. Contrast that with learning how to build my music website and the reason becomes more apparent.

If you'd like a step-by-step guide on how to mint your NFT on Opensea for free, please check out this article on https://www.marianasanchez.net

Use Polygon Without Any Gas Fees

Generally, in order to mint NFTs on any platforms, you'll have to pay gas fees. But if you're new to the world of NFTs like me and you're not prepared to pay any gas fees, you might want to mint your NFTs on Polygon, which is a Layer 2 solution, according to coincentral.com. 

Polygon Has the Latest Security Protocols

Besides the fact that you could mint your NFTs for free on Polygon, there's apparently another plus point. And that is, it has the latest security protocols, which serve to protect your transactions from potential hackers.

Music NFT & Marketplace

If you're a musician and you'd like to create a music NFT or a collection of music NFTs, you could check out NFT music marketplaces such as musicianmarketplace.com and airnfts.com.


Cheers,

Annie Chan

(P/s: My next blog post will be published on 1 May 2022. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel here: Annie's Music Everywhere. Thanks!:)

https://cakemail.grsm.io/rwzlypzuzm7k-xpnow

https://cakemail.grsm.io/u06ncsy1xw61-addk4r

https://linktree.com/anniechan123





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfectionism is Bad for Your Mental Health!

Is Euthanasia the Only Way Out for Your Dog with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD)?

Do You Eat Dog Meat?